maandag 30 augustus 2010

August 30, 2010, Day 19

Day 19 of the meditation challenge. "Am I supposed to see colors when I meditate?", I wonder when I read the title of today's email: "I see colors!". I don't. I mean, I usually don't see colors when I meditate, unless I do a guided meditation and I am guided to visualize a path in the woods, or something similarly symbolic. Then yes, I would see a full-color movie in my mind's eye. Have I missed something during the first 18 days? To my relieve, the email continues to say that we "sometimes" see colors while we meditate. "Okay, good". I do get excited though, when I read that today's meditation will be about the chakras. The energy centers in the body. I have studied the chakras (that is: my own, as well as in general) extensively, so I am curious what the meditation will be like.

I lie down on my yoga mat. I am not cheating. It is Davidji's suggestions that I gladly follow. Davidji talks me through all the seven chakras. Calling them by name, their color, pointing out the issues involved, and chanting the seed sound connected with it. I feel the physical location of each chakra, and I "see" the color of it surrounding my body. I chant the sounds in unison with Davidji. It feels like I am tuning my energy system, like you would do with a musical instrument: Root chakra, red, grounding, "LAM"; Second chakra, orange, sexuality and creativity, "VAM"; Third chakra, yellow, will power, "RAM"; Heart chakra, green, unconditional love, "YAM"; Throat chakra, blue, truth, "HUM"; Third eye, purple "SHAM" (I must say that I get a little distracted here, since I have learned that the sound of this chakra would be "OM", but oh well..); Crown chakra, white, spiritual connection, "OM" (confusion again: "Isn't the sound here silence? As in: no sound? Okay, maybe I shouldn't be thinking and be quiet...".).

At the end of the meditation, it is as if there is a layer of energy hovering above my body. Like the mirage above the road on a hot day. I am not sure what it means, but it doesn't matter. It feels good, even though the meditation is different from what I have done in the past 18 days. There was no silence. No Gap to step into. No nothingness. Interestingly enough, the effect of the meditation is the same. I feel peaceful. And that is exactly what I am after anyways. Only two days more to go.

Stay tuned.
Marije

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten