maandag 23 augustus 2010

August 23, 2010, Day 12

The Meditation Challenge has reached its peak and we are gradually going downhill to the finish line. The finish in this case, however, is not the end of the journey where I will collapse and am glad it is finally over. The finish line is just the beginning. The first day of my life in which meditation is as natural as brushing my teeth. At least that is what Davidji says. And I believe him.

I am gentle with myself and sit against the couch. This is one thing that I have learned during this challenge. When the meditation is longer than 10 minutes, I have to make sure that I am truely comfortable. If I am not, I get distracted by the aching muscles in my back that is still not completely healed. My ego might tell me that I am not a true yogini, or meditator for that matter, if I cannot sit up straight unsupported. Well, I smile at my ego and tell it its suggestion is appreciated but that I am not following it. Today's meditation happens to be about the ego. Davidji confirms that the ego is not something to be killed, but to be embraced and understood. While my mind is listening to Davidji, I notice that another part of me (is that my Eternal Self?) is tuning into the singing bowls in the background and meditates.

I inhale Infinite Possibilities and let go on the exhale. I inhale Abundance and exhale No. I inhale Creativity and exhale Constriction. I feel myself expanding. My whole body seems to be growing with every inhale of greatness. Despite Davidji's continuous talking, I feel silent inside. I cannot believe that I have been sitting for almost 17 minutes when he seals the meditation.

I wonder if I will be able to sit like that for 30 minutes. Is that my ego again?? I have another 9 days to find out. Make that the rest of my life.

Stay tuned.


Marije

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten