vrijdag 20 augustus 2010

August 20, 2010, Day 9

Like yesterday, today's meditation is about the senses. Meditating with nature. Davidji is going to take me to Batiquitos Lagoon near Carlsbad, where I can hear the wind, the birds and the swaying grass. I am excited already.

While I sit on my yoga block, Davidji is showing me the nature at Batiquitos Lagoon. It is beautiful. I almost want to keep watching the You Tube video I have in front of me, but still decide to close my eyes to see what will happen inside. I hear chirping birds. And more birds. It sounds sweet and soothing. I can almost smell the sweet fragrance of the sun drenched flowers. I sit and drift. Thoughts are floating in and out. I am so content knowing now that it is okay to have these thoughts and that I am still not doing "it" wrong. It is a completely different experience. I just sit and breathe. I feel, well, quiet. I guess that I don't need complete silence in my head to experience quietness inside. I just sit and breathe, for almost 10 minutes.

I don't know why I never "got it" before. I mean, the fact that having no thoughts is impossible. I have been pursuing an impossible mission. Good to know. For this reason alone, I think I have already won this challenge. Moreover, I am noticing subtle effects of the meditating throughout the day. Or at least I like to think it is because of my daily meditations. Synchronicities, as Deepak Chopra calls them. I am aware of the fact that I am at the right time at the right place all the time. Even when I think I will be late, I am not. Every time I look at the clock, it seems to be 11:11. I think about something or someone and not much later the "something" happens or that person suddenly shows up. Whether is it a result of the meditations or not, who knows. It sure is nice though. I will just keep meditating. I will be there again tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned.
Marije

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten